My little girls have grown up on beans. Black beans, green beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, black eyed peas, and most definitely pinto beans, have all been regular components of our lunch and dinner menus. While I fully admit my sophomoric sense of humor thinks it is hilarious that both of them have the gastric acoustics of a 14 year old hound dog, I do not feed them this mighty legume just to increase my happiness levels and laugh periodically throughout my day. Here are just a few of the reasons to add this unbeatable bean to your daily routine.
1) Reduced risk of heart disease
2) Better regulation of blood sugar
3) A decrease in the intake of sweets
4) 15 grams of fiber per cup!
5) Great source of protein and veggie iron
6) A fantastic exercise recovery food